Monday, May 24, 2010

Mom....what is penmanship?


Friday was the last day of school for the Blazi kids! I was so excited for the year to be over...but sad at the same time! I love our little school. The people there are the sweetest I have come by and they have huge hearts. They are just good people

Addie had her awards banquet first and received two achievement awards! She got the most improved reader award and then the physical fitness award. I was so proud of Addie. She has come so far in her reading and am so thankful that all of her hard work paid off and she was recognized for it. The PE award was neat too because PE was always so important to me. I can remember wanting that award over all the rest when I was in elementary school.

She had the best teacher! We have been blessed to have Mrs. Musick teach our kids the last two years. She loves her students....invests in these kids...takes time for them...and boy can she make them laugh. She has made such a difference in our kids lives! Both of my kids are better student's because of Mrs. Musick...now I just don't know what I am going to do next year when none of my kids have her. I guess I'll just go sit in her room and chat...so what if my kids not in there:)! I have grown to think of this sweet lady as a close friend and will forever be grateful to the Lord for placing her in our lives....she also happens to be my next door neighbor...just sayin'!!!


Charlie had his ceremony and he was just so cute. He loves showing his little brother off to all of his friends...I swear Jesse would win "most popular kid" if the school voted on it. Everybody knows Jesse! Charlie won three awards and I just couldn't be prouder. He won awards for spelling(not sure, but I think he got 100's on almost all of his tests...he can spell), Physical Fitness, and Penmanship!! Penmanship...are you kidding me...I could use the line from my favorite movie of all time (Steel Magnolia's) from Mrs. Clairee: "Ouiser, I'd recognize this penmanship anywhere. You have the handwritin' of a serial killer." Charlie seriously had the worst handwriting last year. At the end of the ceremony we were walking down the hall to Mrs. Musick's class to get the girls and he said "Mom, what is penmanship?" I about died from laughter...right there in the hallway!


Charlie had a wonderful teacher this year...Mrs. Driver. She is so sweet and encouraging to her kids. She always took time for the kids...made sure they understood things...and had fun with them. When I had first grade parents ask me about Charlie's experience with her as a teacher I had only positive things to say...and the one thing that sticks out the most is that she built up his confidence. He is a much more confident student...and I love that. I love that he is figuring things out on his own and trusting in his ability. Mrs. Driver did that for him and I will always remember that. God truly blessed us with Mrs. Driver and I hope she knows what a difference she made in my son's life! She is fantastic and I hope and pray that Addie will have her next year...or else I'll have to hurt somebody up in the school house!!!

I am ready for summer. Excited to do fun stuff with my sweet kids and just enjoy each other. I know the days are going to fly by...so I will take each day as it comes...relish in the lazy days...take time for late night movies and days at the pool....eat lots of watermelon and ice cream....just relax and take it all in. My sweet little school needs a break too 'cause next fall Shelby Jean will be there and I have a feeling that they have never seen the likes of her!!! Here's to school being out for summer!

1 comment:

Chad Miller said...

You are neglecting your blog...