Saturday, February 12, 2011

Laminin...

Wednesday nights we are going through the book of Colossians with the teenagers.  What a big book for us to wrap our minds around.  The Supremacy of Christ is big stuff, and stuff we want these teenagers to really get.  We are in chapter 1 and we talked about how Jesus holds all things together...including our bodies.  Ric used the illustration of Laminin...a protein molecule.  Yeah...nerd stuff....stuff you probably don't care about if we are being honest.   But this little video blew us away....left these teenagers with open mouths...some broken to tears...me, with chill bumps all over my body!  Take 8 minutes to watch this message from Louie Giglio...it will knock your socks off...I promise it will.  Tonight, I will be amazed at His Supremacy...how awesome He truly is...and how He holds all things together!  And I will continue to be amazed by a molecule called Laminin...what a mighty God we serve and that He cares about little 'ol me!!!
Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.  For by  him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him.   And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.



 

1 comment:

Mandy said...

this is one of my all time favorite Louie messages...I've heard it a few times and I leave speechless every single time. Our God is amazing...and His glory is revealed in every single aspect of creation. (and that doesn't even put justice to what my mind ponders when I think about it - see...speechless.)