Thursday, October 9, 2008

Get After It...

Well it is finally here. Do you know what time is here? It's time to get busy!

Ric and I went today and met with our great friend, KJ. KJ owns a health and fitness club in Carrollton, GA called God-Built. This place makes me nervous for several reasons:

1. No more cookie dough
2. Sweat
3. No more junk food
4. More Sweat
5. I know I will be sore
6. KJ was my trainer after I had Shelby and he kicked my rear , so I know about the sweat and about being sore(the kind of sore where you can't walk sore!)

Well the list could go on. Ric and I have gotten sick of being out of shape and have decided to finally give in and get after it. We wanna get ripped y'all!

We went to get some flooring for our soon to be home gym in our garage and ended up talking with KJ for quite a while. He talked about how so many people have the mind frame of that if they get this work out plan, this certain diet, this certain machine, or this certain trainer that it is going to fix their issue. We all say that we will start tomorrow(how many times I have said that). KJ said that there is nothing that is going to "fix" your issues, and that there is no better time than now to get in shape. Just get after it. Just start and quit putting it off. Well, we are going to quit putting it off and get busy:)

On the way home from the gym, I started to think about what he said and I later told Ric that some of the things he said correlated with the Christian Life. So many times we think if we go out and get the new Beth Moore devotional, the new Book on being a "Godly Woman", find that perfect church, or that new study Bible that we will start walking with God. We put off our quiet times and tell ourselves that we will start on Monday. It made me realize that when we do go through tough times in our walk, and we will, that there is no time like the present to start walking with GOD and there is definitely no quick fix. All of those books aren't going to make us walk with God(although they can help us grow). It is sheer discipline...just doing it and sticking with it. Determining in our minds that we are sick of doing stuff halfway and just wanna get it done.

Same idea goes for us in the whole workout thing. I know it's gonna be tough. That there will be days I don't wanna workout. Days I don't wanna sweat. Days I wanna eat a whole tube of cookie dough, but I have determined that I am going to see it through to the end.

My prayer is, that I will see my walk with Christ grow more and more, that I never back down, and never quit in my service to him. I am ready to "get after it". I hope you are too!

No comments: