Thursday, December 31, 2009

Better....and more....

I have been out of town since before Christmas and have had very limited Internet access. It has been a bummer but at the same time I have had more time to be with my family and not sitting in front of a computer. It is New Years Eve and yes, I am sitting here watching the Hokies play and waiting for the crazy guy to jump his car over the lake....or whatever it is he is doing. Somehow that has replaced Rockin' Eve in our home and I am okay with that. Yes, I am sure that makes me older....more out of touch maybe, but I get to spend New Years with my oh so grown up nephews watching a crazy guy do crazy stunts and I will take that any day of the week.

I know there are several things I want to do better at this year.....

1.) I want to be a better Christian. I want to be so involved in the Word....so enveloped in prayer....and encased by His grace. I want to do better....be better.....Trust Him!

2.) I want to be a better wife to my sweet husband. He is my best friend...my confidant...my soul mate. The one that I trust with everything. He knows my weaknesses and loves me anyway. He is the one I laugh with....love...and I want to be better for him.

3.) I want to be a better mom to my four precious babes. I want to spend more time meeting their "small" needs instead of worrying about the things that I view as big. I want to talk with them....laugh with them...teach them...pray with them and over them. There is no more important job on earth than that of raising children and I want to honor God with it. I don't want to just be a mediocre mom.....I want to be the BEST!

4.) I want to be a better Pastor's wife. I have had the honor of serving in my church for the last 9 years and this year I want to do more. Not just "doing" more...but taking more time to talk to folks...even if I have four kids tugging at me skirt. I want to take more time to pray with hurting people and sit with them and hold their hands. I just want to be more...do more....and love more.

5.) I want to be a better daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, friend....you get the picture. I want to take the time to let the people that truly mean the most to me....that I love them. That I appreciate them...and that I am there for them. I want to spend more time praying for them....and just spend more time with them.


I am not one for New Year's Resolutions....I am not sure I have ever really set one. But I do believe that sometimes we need a clean slate....a fresh start...a new day...and what better one than the first day of the year. 2010...here I come...and I just want to do better than I have done....and do more for Him than I have ever done......and if that is a resolution, than I will mark it down, but more importantly I hope I am sitting here next year looking back knowing that I have done the things I set out to do. Better....and more!

2 comments:

Raquel said...

what a great post, i want to do more this year. trying to get my thoughts on paper still....

Cheese In My Hair said...

Genie, I love your blog and miss when you are unable to post. I look forward to seeing what is going on with the Blazi Gang soon!