Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's official...



Well....it's officially begun. The trees are up...stockings hung with care..lights are covering anything that stands still....and I am excited. I love Christmas and everything about it. From the sweet smell of my Christmas Eve Yankee Candle to the twinkling lights on the tree...it seriously gives my home such a cozy feeling.





Every year I do an advent box with the kids and normally I put little presents in bags that are tied on the back of their kitchen chair. This year I am doing something a little different. Sure I will put a small prize in their bags a few times, but every day I will put in a fun activity for us to do as a family. Today was bake cookies and watch a movie. I got the list from another blog(which I can not for the life of me remember) and loved all of the neat things she was going to do with her kids. She sold me on it and I can't wait to tackle each thing:

1. Play a board game together
2. Build a fort and have dinner in it
3. Cut out paper snowflakes
4. Color a special picture for someone
5. Make popcorn and watch a Christmas movie
6. Find a special treat
7. Special treat: Hot cocoa and marshmallows
8. Make a Christmas craft
9. Breakfast for dinner
10. Find a special present and open it
11. Make a card for someone and mail it
12. Go to dollar store and shop for family
13. Go out to a movie
14. Decorate a gingerbread house
15. Kids make dinner for Mom and Dad
16. Go see Santa Claus
17. Make a pine cone bird feeder
18. Make a Christmas craft
19. Find a special present and open it
20. Go roller skating
21. Bake Christmas cookies
22. Go downtown and look at lights
23. Popcorn and movie night
I don't just love Christmas because of the lights, smells, food, and gifts. I will let you all know why I love Christmas so......on another day, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

The Eco Chic said...

I L-O-V-E this idea! We just put up our new Mickey Advent Wreath...this would be a great addition to the wreath! Thanks! PS...love the new layout and the awesome pics of the kids!

The Eco Chic said...

PS...I shared your idea with my readers! :) http://www.theecochic.com/2009/12/01/eco-advent-calendars/

Bloggy Mama said...

I did this too for my family, and I thought it was original!! Glad I'm not the only genius ;)