Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"HOLLERING" FOR JESUS

I had to write devotions for our youth group last week and God brought to my memory something my son had said 2 years ago. Yes...I do have a memory, it's just very select!


Psalm 98:4 Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.

Psalm 100:1 A Psalm of Thanksgiving. Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!

Psalm 95:1 Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.

A few years ago Charlie started to come into “Big Church” on Sunday nights. The first year he slept through most of the sermons but on occasion he would stay awake. One evening we were especially excited about the evening service because Ric was preaching. I told Charlie that he was going to get to hear his daddy preach for the first time that night. Charlie had a puzzled look on his face and asked me really seriously, “Mommy, does Daddy "holler" for Jesus?” I kinda giggled and said “What?” He asked me again “Does Daddy "holler" for Jesus?” I once again giggled and said “Charlie, what do you mean?” He said “you know, like Bro Mike(our former pastor)…does he "HOLLER" (imagine him raising his voice really loud) for Jesus?” Well I about fell out. It was so funny. He knew Bro. Mike liked to get loud and he wanted to know if his daddy did that too. “I looked at Charlie and told him, “Yes son, your Daddy "hollers" for Jesus, but in a different way.” Well it got me thinking.. do I "holler" for Jesus? The scripture shows us that we are to SHOUT for Him. "Holler" is southern for shout right? I looked at my life and wondered if my son could ask me if I "hollered" for Jesus. I pray that my life would be one that did shout and sing praises. One that was unashamed at my allegiance to Christ. One of my favorite songs talks about Shouting, a.k.a. "Hollering"…




Shout to the Lord
All the Earth
Let us sing
Power and Majesty
Praise to the King
Mountains bow down
The sea will roar
At the sound of Your NAME

May our lives "Holler" for JESUS!!!!

No comments: