Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Passion for their purity!!!!










Wow…this morning I took the kids to school and to get a cup of coffee and as I was driving home this song came on. I don't get to listen to music in my car a whole lot because I am either talking to the kids or Nemo is playing. I know I have "heard" this song but I never truly listened to the words. It seriously brought chills to my arms and tears to my eyes. Anyone who knows me…knows that I have a huge heart and passion for purity in the youth of today. I love to teach teenagers and their parents what God's plan truly is for them in the area of their purity. So many teach "don't have sex" but forget the other areas that encompass purity. This song covers so many of these areas.

I want today's youth to see that they are beautiful, just the way they are. That our daughters…sisters…nieces…grandchildren don't have to live up to a certain standard that our society has set. They don't have to be tall, thin, blonde, etc. to be considered beautiful. That they don't have to starve themselves for someone to like them or even love them. God looks at the heart, as so should we.

1Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For [the LORD] does not [see] as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

We place way too much emphasis on outer beauty and forget that who we are in Christ should be first and foremost. Young girls today are so much more likely to "give in" to immorality when they aren't confident in who they are in Christ. When they don't see themselves as a precious jewel. We need them to understand that they are beautiful….because of whose they are.

I want today's youth to see that they don't have to give their body's away to anyone. Even more importantly than that….I want them to realize that they shouldn't give their hearts away either. You see, I was the girl that gave my heart away over and over again. The memories are there….even though some have faded they are still there. Brought on by a song, a place I go, a smell….you name it. I read a book a few years before I met my husband that changed my dating life. I had just been dumped by the guy that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with….I was so broken and beaten down and knew that God had a better plan than mine…and a better way for me to lead my dating life then the way I had been doing it. In the book the writer talked about guarding your heart and keeping it for your mate…he said to imagine on your wedding day that everyone you had ever given your heart too was standing behind you at the ceremony. They held pieces of your heart that could never be given back. I remember sitting in my room and praying more earnestly than I ever had that God would do that. That He would guard and keep my heart until I met my husband. And guess what….He did!

I want today's youth to know that God can still use them…even if they have already messed up. That God, and only God, can take those things away and wipe their slate clean. That even though there will be consequences for those sins, that God can still bring them to a better place. That He can bless their lives and use them in an unreal way for His Glory.

I want today's youth to see that God has a plan for them…a purpose for them…a path for them. I pray that purity is important to the youth that I teach…that they take what God's Word says about purity and apply it to their lives. I hope that my daughter's will learn this from me and that I would be able to not only say it with my mouth, but that I would live out loud for them!


There could never be a more beautiful you
Don’t buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you



No comments: