Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I live in a small town....that's good enough for me...


Last Saturday night was our little town's block party for the summer. We had hotdogs...games...good friends...good music...and fireworks. A group of our friends met up at the town rec center to have a picnic and just enjoy the night...and the whole time I couldn't get the words to "Small Town" out of my head....and well, I just had to put it on here...along with some of my own lyrics, so that I could show you some of my pictures from our small town night!


Well I was born in a small town


And I live in a small town


Oh those small communities....


Got nothing against a big town


But my bed is in a small town

Oh, and that's good enough for me


But I've seen it all in a small town
Had myself a ball in a small town


We played ring around the roses...in that small town...



Drank our Sprites in that same small town....



We climbed the fence in our small town....



And we smile in our small town...


We played with sparklers in that same small town....



We did cartwheels in our small town...



And watched the fireworks in that small town....



No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town
And people let me be just what I want to be





And that's good enough for me....


No comments: