Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hot dogs and Nuggets



Today was a fun day....one of those days you need every once and a while. One of those days that even though you have mounds of laundry...unmade beds.....grocery's to be bought....and soccer cleats to find.......you still go. I went to my friend's house today for lunch....to be refreshed.....revived...encouraged. So many times, we as Mom's get so use to the hum drum of every day life...the normalcy of things, that going 10 miles down the road to a friend's house encourages us...seriously, it does. It's not the 10 miles that make a difference, the gourmet lunch we prepared our kids(hot dogs and nuggets people), or getting to see her awesome new paint color in the living room. It's being with a friend. Someone to laugh with....or at.....to share burdens with...praises with....fears with. It's just having someone to sit and talk to about something other than things I listed above that I should have been doing! Our kids had a great time except for when Jesse wasn't hugging Ty so hard that he knocked him over...several times and when the girls weren't fussing over who got to wear which costume and sassy shoes. I love good friends, good talks, good laughter, and good times. It was what I needed today.....and the laundry, well it can wait till later!


I had the camera with me to take a picture of my friends wall for my catalog....well, I couldn't resist:
We batted our big blue eye's.......
We said "Cheese".....
We dressed up......
and twirled......

We wore sassy shoes with leggings......
We walked around...
And wobbled in "high heels".......

We ate door stops......
And watched out the window.....

It was a good day.

No comments: