Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Riding in cars with kids.......

I love to listen to my kids while I am driving in the car. If they are not fighting...which is 75% of the time.......then they are usually having some interesting conversations. Sometimes we sing...loud. Sometimes we watch Monsters vs. Aliens and listen to Jesse say "SUSAN" 100 times...he is seriously in love with Ginormica! Sometimes they just talk amongst themselves and that is when I love riding in cars with kids the most.

Charlie likes to ask me 1000 questions about things that are not even relevant....like "Mom, are there deer on the moon?". Addie likes to talk about her friends and all the fun they have...and "can so and so spend the night with me this weekend...cause I haven't had a friend spend the night with me in a long time"! Jesse likes to talk to himself and look for airplanes. He will be all quiet and then he will scream....."AIRPANE"! He seriously has eagle eyes!

Shelby....oh Shelby! She talks about funny stuff! Case in point....on the ride home from church Sunday morning Shelby told Addie that "if you don't give me my ring, then I am going to ground you"! Ric giggled and said "Shelby what does it mean to be grounded?". She said "it means you are put in a cave in the ground and you can't come out?" Now people, I promise you I don't put our kids in a cave when they get in trouble...but it is a grand idea! Ric asked her where she heard about said grounding....her reply..."I-Carly"! She's four people!



You learn a lot when your riding in cars with kids........

Riding in cars with dogs is a whole 'nother story.....

No comments: