Monday, February 1, 2010

19 kids.....what a blessing.....



I enjoy watching TV. I don't get to watch a lot of it during the day because most of the time it is on PBS kids...and well, I love Sid the Science Kid and George and Word Girl...but these shows would not be my choice if I were the one doing the picking. The TV doesn't turn to a channel that I like until the kids are fast asleep, and then Ric and I usually catch up on the few shows that we do watch.


Last night I watched a show that I love....but that broke my heart. Can I tell you how much I love the Duggar Family?? Last night, the show centered around the circumstances that led up to Michelle delivering their 19th child prematurely. Her older children were doing mission work in El Salvador....the little ones were at home getting taken care of by family and friends...and she delivered this tiny child into the world.


In one segment of the show, the dad Jim Bob was filming himself and in the background you could see Michelle laying on the bed....her mouth moving and her eyes closed. She was praying.....praying I'm sure for her baby...for her health...for her children halfway around the world...for God's blessing on them all. It was a mother....pleading for the life of her unborn child! Of course it brought tears to my eyes and made me want to be a better Christian...and a better mother.


The sweet little baby(Josie...love her name) was born so tiny and fragile...clinging to life...and they took it all in stride! When all the kids got to come and see her at the hospital they couldn't believe how tiny she was and just stood there and Jim Bob said "Josie is perfect in every way" and boy was he right! God is the creator of life....and He doesn't make mistakes! Thank you Duggar Family for reminding this country about how precious life is...and for being a GODLY example to this world through your families life.


God bless this sweet precious family.....and sweet little Josie!

3 comments:

godzgaljen said...

I missed it!! I hope I can find it on Hulu or someplace. Awesome!

Chad Miller said...

It's pretty cool there is a truly Godly woman on TV as opposed to the other, more popular one that simply claimed to be.

Anonymous said...

I just happened on your blog and had to let you know I felt the same way, what a powerful witness and what an emotional roller - coaster. I too love this family and that we actually have the opportunity to watch on prime time a family living as God wants us to live! For those who missed it, if you have TLC it will probably be repeated soon. They showed it at least twice last night. Millie