Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tiny Truth's Thursday....heavy hearts and dancing!






Yesterday was a pretty tough day for me. Although the kids and I had gone to the free movies and spent time with a dear friend and her sweet kids...my heart was heavy. I had talked with a family member about some things that were going on in his life and I was just burdened for him. Family is of utmost importance to me and I was just sad for him. I talked to my sweet hubby about it and asked him to pray...which I know that he did. Shelby could see that I was upset...you know they can read us like a book. She asked me what was wrong...and I told her I had a heavy heart. She looked at me with those sweet eyes and crazy messed up hair and said "how is your heart heavy Momma.....do you need help holding it???". Tears came to my eyes and I said "yes Shelby, Mommy can always use some help holding it!" I was thankful that she wanted to help me...to be there for me! I thought about how great our God is and how His word is so perfect. I looked up some verses and this is what I came across:


Lamentations 3:40-41

Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.
Let us lift up our heart with [our] hands unto God in the heavens.




We must lift up our hearts with our hands, as we must pour out our souls with our words. So that day when my heart seemed so heavy...Shelbs wanted to help me lift my heart....and that she did.




As we drove to church last night a song came on the radio...I don't remember who it was but it was fun and upbeat...Big Tent, Mercy Me...I don't know...but my kids were just a dancing in their car seats....all four of them. Jesse had the head bop going on, Shelby was doing some form of "vogue"dancing, Charlie was doing the snake(badly) and Addie was seriously channeling John Travolta from Saturday Night Live. They were having a ball just dancing to some good Christian music. It reminded me that even when things are tough...even though struggles come...even when our hearts are heavy....ya just gotta dance! So I did, yes while I was driving, and then I smiled. Thank the Lord for dancing in the car and singing at the top of our lungs....and for kids who help hold up my heart when it's heavy!




Tiny Truth's for this Thursday:




Kid's can read us like a book...even when we try to disguise things!




God's Word is so Good!




Shelby is very clever...and so wants to help people!




That it's fun to dance in the car...and it makes you smile




That kid's rock!




That God is good.....all the time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW that is amazing!!! I tell ou kids all the time to keep a song in there heart and that living for the LORD is supposed to be fun. David danced lol!!!! Thank you for showing your kids that GOD wants our song and that we were made to praise him ALL the time, good or bad...